There are many funny memories, but a few stand out the most. She usually flails when I am changing her diaper on the floor when we are out of the house. One time she patiently laid still and after I was done changing her, I said, "Quinn, did you see how quick that went because you waited patiently and didn't flail around? Maybe you can try that next time." And she replied, "Yeah!"
There are two parks close to our house one has a fun slide and the other has swings. We were talking about going for a walk and I said, "Quinn, do you want to go to the slide?" And she responded shaking her head, "Nope, weeeee!" (which means swing).
She started wanting to knock on doors but she would slap them with an open hand saying "Knock, knock. Come in." I told her if she makes a fist like in the "Open and Shut Them" song from library it would make a knocking sound. Then we got distracted with something else, but when she went back to the door later she knocked with a fist! I feel like she really tries to listen and understand.
She has her doctor check up next week. She's always been in the 40th percentile for height and weight, but we'll see this time. I feel like her legs grew two inches last week. Her latest interesting food is chicken liver. I gave her a little taste out of curiosity and she said, "more" until it was all gone. I was shocked. My two new favorite words of hers are "Amen" and "happy". Whenever we start heading to the table to eat, she says, "Amen" over and over while clasping her hands. And she'll declare, "happy" at random moments throughout the day. We love you so much, Quinnie!
Here are her progress photos.
Here are the first 11 months, one year, and 15 months.

No comments:
Post a Comment