October 1, 2012

Well, my baby is one-year-old. It breaks my little heart how fast she is growing up. 

It's been fun to reminisce about what was going on a year ago. I bought sunflowers at the Farmers Market because I had bought some right before Quinn was born. Her party was at 3pm yesterday and I was recalling my first contraction at 3:24 while dancing in the kitchen making zucchini bread. When we went out to dinner after the party, I was remembering talking to my doula and going for a walk as my contractions increased. And when we went to sleep last night, Jonathan and I recalled the contractions get more and more challenging as he coached and encouraged me through the night until we left for the hospital at 3 in the morning. What an amazing morning that was a year ago!

I just love this little sweet chickie. She brings sunshine to my days and light to my eyes. She has made me braver, fiercer, gentler, and more relaxed. She is a passionate, loving, jolly rascal. Jonathan and I feel so blessed that God has mercifully entrusted her to us and we can't imagine life without her.

Happy 1st Birthday Quinn!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment