Now that we have gone semi-public with our news, I'm excited to blog about our baby on the way!
I'm twelve and a half weeks along and there have been a lot of changes. For one, I don't feel like cooking much at all. I was becoming quite a little kitchen dweller but now nothing sounds good to eat and I just can't muster the motivation to make anything more than a bowl of cereal. My top personal offenders at the moment are ground beef, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, and anything above the temperature "warm". I'm all about milk, yogurt, ice cream, and cream cheese. At least I'm still making smoothies so I'm getting some good stuff into my belly. And I've managed to keep my sourdough alive by making weekly pancakes.
Another change is our reading material. Jonathan just finished "The Husband-Coached Childbirth" by Robert A. Bradley and it was very enlightening. I appreciate that he read it because there have been many moments where I had a question or thought and he would say, "I just read about that, this is what's going on..." I've been reading "Up The Duff" by Kaz Cooke. It's a very funny Australian book in which each chapter is specifically about what happens during one week of pregnancy. Stacey lent it to me and it is keeping me cracking up on a weekly basis. I'll probably start reading the Bradley book soon since Jonathan liked it so much.
We've also added a few new items to our calendar. I'm choosing to go to a group of three midwives for the duration of my pregnancy. I have had three appointments so far and enjoyed all of them thoroughly. These ladies are hilarious, sweet, and we can tell they love what they do. One of them is an energetic Russian engineer, one is a jolly British woman, and the other one is just as pleasant as can be. Last Sunday we attended our first Monthly Midwives Tea and it was just great. They spent two hours answering the attendees questions and telling stories and it really made the two of us feel so at ease.
Also last weekend, I co-hosted a baby shower and attended another baby shower! A very baby-related weekend! Stacey and I threw a shower for Charissa who is due in just a few weeks. It was quite fun. I didn't snag any pictures myself though so I'll have to steal some and add them later.
So that's the real update on the Gowins household. It's been tough to not blog about it. We are so excited!
YAHOO!!! ;)
ReplyDeleteYay!! We can finally share! I want to read this 'Up the Duff' book... sounds like something I would like...even if I'M not the pregnant one. :)
ReplyDeleteThere are a LOT of cute baby clothes out there. I've been noticing them a lot more lately... heeheehee....
So happy for you two!
love you both!