Okay, enough with the nerdiness. I started a sourdough starter last night and so far it is working great. I have learned so many interesting facts and I've only just begun. I am astonished by God's provision for us in creating happy little wild yeast and lactobicilli that float through the air available for anyone to catch them in a jar and feed them and later use them to make delicious bread items. It's such a thrill to see the little bubbles form!
January 8, 2011
I would like to introduce you to the newest lifeform in our household. He is 24 hours old and is already strong and energetic, I can tell he will be a big help to me in the kitchen. He is a nice little 8 ounce blob of flour, water, wild yeast, and lactobacilli. We call him S.D. (pronounced "Sid"). Here's his first baby picture:
Okay, enough with the nerdiness. I started a sourdough starter last night and so far it is working great. I have learned so many interesting facts and I've only just begun. I am astonished by God's provision for us in creating happy little wild yeast and lactobicilli that float through the air available for anyone to catch them in a jar and feed them and later use them to make delicious bread items. It's such a thrill to see the little bubbles form!
My first roast chicken just came out of the oven and it looks delish. I'm going to try my hand at chicken stock tomorrow. My 2011 To Do List is off to a good start!
Okay, enough with the nerdiness. I started a sourdough starter last night and so far it is working great. I have learned so many interesting facts and I've only just begun. I am astonished by God's provision for us in creating happy little wild yeast and lactobicilli that float through the air available for anyone to catch them in a jar and feed them and later use them to make delicious bread items. It's such a thrill to see the little bubbles form!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey, Sid! Good to meet you and know that you are growing so well. Can't wait to meet you in some shape, form or way. ;)
ReplyDelete