Today, we played Trash the House. Quinn won.
This is the title I give to those wild days when we stay in pajamas a long time. When I don't suggest important life skills like putting things away before starting something new, we just go from make believe activity to baking to game to painting nails and leave chaos in our wake. The whole day blurs into a seven hour stretch of noise and imagination.
This week has consisted of a lot of time away from our home and a lot of people in our home. When both kids woke up early and the clouds were drizzling, I knew it would be a Trash the House day. Quinn started the day grumbling and headed to nap time with a full love tank and heavy eyelids.
I'm mostly recording this in the hopes that I will reread this some day in the future when I need to be reminded that God gave us this house to enjoy it, to use it, and to share it. This house serves us, we don't serve the house. The glory of a homemaker is to watch loved ones fully immersed in the home-y-ness of a home.
No comments:
Post a Comment