December 9, 2014

It's been a full, blessed couple of weeks. We had a lovely Thanksgiving in Eugene. We've still been running a lot. It was such a gorgeous November! Quinn's been joining Jonathan for about 1/3 mile of his Saturday morning run - so precious! It was all her idea too.

Quinn helped me plan a cookie exchange party. I've hosted a few over the years for my friends to attend, but since Quinn is always throwing parties for her stuffed animals, I decided this year's should be a mother-child party. She picked half a dozen buddies and helped me make paper invitations, scrubbed my great great aunt's tea set, made bracelets for party favors, and helped bake the cookies. I had guests bring a dozen cookies to donate (our church hosts a foster care Christmas party that needs cookies) and a dozen to trade. The kids decorated the cookies Quinn and I made while the moms sipped hot drinks. It was a pleasant little event.

Quinn and Jonathan went to a father-daughter dance at our church. They had a blast and she came home with wide eyes and lots of singing and twirling. Such a formative occasion for these two.
We got our Christmas tree this past weekend. Jonathan and I can laugh about the experience now, but it wasn't our favorite in the moment for various reasons (love you, hubs!). The kids seemed to enjoy themselves though and it's so nice having our cute little tree set up. Both kids are enjoying playing with the nativity set and Quinn was eager to get the Jesse tree Advent routine going again and the Christmas decorations up.

No comments:

Post a Comment