One of my most recent sewing projects was making a mei tai baby carrier. I found a really simple tutorial and had to give it a try. I am a big time Ergo carrier enthusiast. Quinn only rode in her stroller a handful of times in her first year of life. We always had her in the Ergo because she loved it and we loved it. We still wear her on our backs too. But when she was a tiny newborn and California was still hot, she would get so sweaty in the infant insert. So I decided that with this next baby being born a few months before summer, it would be nice to have a more lightweight carrier for the many trips to the park in the heat. I found a great twill fabric online and went to work. It probably would have only taken about five hours straight if I had that sort of time, but instead it took many 30 minute increments during naptime.
The mini mama had to have one too with the leftover fabric. I found another simple tutorial for a toddler mei tai and it took no time at all. Both of these would make a great gift if you know a mama or sibling-to-be.
Also, I just finished the first three rows of my baby's big girl bed quilt. If I take a really long time to finish it, will she stop growing up so fast?
Completely precious. And she's proud, :) Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete