Oh, this almost-two-year-old is amazing me. She can count to eleven. She can identify 20 letters of the alphabet and say (at least) one word that starts with each letter. She helps me remember my grocery list and can recite events that will happen in the future in order (like if I tell her our plans for the day). When a meal is ready, she runs around the house telling people (and toys) that whatever food we're going to eat is ready. She slept with a travel mug for a couple days straight. She wants me to explain every street sign and then she'll tell me what they say when we pass them again. My favorite is "slippery when wet". She says, "it wet, you fall". We have inside jokes that she makes up. Like I said "T is for taco" once and she about died laughing. She'll still bring it up saying, "T taco" and then do a muffled chuckle. Or the latest one is she'll call an owl a hoo-hoo and then look up at me like she's being a rascal, so of course I make a big deal about what a silly idea that is and she laughs and laughs. She also does weight lifting (with toilet paper tube weights), push-ups, squats, and sit-ups. I guess my prenatal workout video is making an impression on her. She still loves books and tries to read to herself frequently. And the power struggles have begun. Oh power struggles. Lord, help me.

No comments:
Post a Comment