September 9, 2013

I've been a bit absent from this blog. It's probably because I've been sleeping a lot. And painting. And sewing. Yep, I'm pregnant. Due around March 20th. I found out on my birthday which was a pretty special treat. To add to the excitement, my sister is due a week before me and my sister-in-law is due about two weeks after me. Crazy!

It's been fun to double nest this time around. When I was pregnant with Quinn, we couldn't get to Oregon before she was born and we didn't know how long we'd be in our one bedroom apartment in California. I painted a dresser for her and had a lot of fun washing and organizing her tiny baby clothes, but that was pretty much as far as I could go. Jonathan flew to Portland for a job interview when she was one week old and we moved when she was six weeks old. She slept in a laundry room while we lived at a friend's house for a month and then a room of her own while we rented a friend's duplex for a month. When we bought our house, I pretty much left her room as is except for making her curtains out of a fabric I have adored forever. 

So before we find out the baby's gender, I'm nesting for Quinn. I just finished painting her new room a very light gray. She will be using my childhood metal bed frame and we spray painted it yellow (her favorite color). Next up is curtains and a new ceiling light. I've started working on a quilt for her using the fabric from her old curtains as a starting point because I just can't help but think of her when I see it. It's so cheery, girly, and playful. Plus, the new baby will need signature curtains of their own. 

Aside from all the nesting, we've been pretty busy. We've had some visitors, some playdates, some birthday parties, cake club, and other fun. Hopefully I'll get back in my groove of writing because Quinn is changing so much every day!



1 comment:

  1. What a good sport you were Jamie during her first year! Let's hear it for double nesting and cake club. :) Love and prayers,
    Mawdoo

    ReplyDelete