Some household updates on this Spring Friday afternoon.
Garden: I now have over 60 spinach sprouts and 9 kale sprouts. I'm still kind of in shock. The next task will be to thin the spinach once I can see which sprouts are the best.
Toddler Talk: Quinn has some new words. My favorite one to hear is "salsa", it's heart-melting. She also says suit, skirt, slide, poop, big blue boat (a song), vroom, boy, bus, and Miles (the neighbor boy). And she consistently makes the animal sounds for dog, lion, bird, cow, duck, and horse.
Bacteria: Okay, that probably sounds nasty. But there are updates! I successfully made some yogurt in the crockpot the other day. We go through it so fast around here and it's such a simple way to save some moolah. Also, I've been making water kefir for almost a year now and the grains multiplied enough to share with my mother-in-law and neighbors. It's nice to have such a frugal probiotic around to add to smoothies or just drink plain. Also, now that the weather is warmer, I'm going to get some sourdough going again. My sourdough starter didn't survive the move back in 2011 and I've been missing it ever since.
Happy Weekend!
These two rascals love watching for buses and waiting for daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment