March 1, 2013

I have a seventeen-month-old! Quinn wants to be my helper throughout the day. Of all her words, I think her favorite is "Upf!" lately. She wants up on the counter to help make smoothies (including a blender sound impression).
She helps me wipe the table after meals. She loads clean diapers into her wagon and takes them to her room to put away. She oversees garden construction.
And she rocks shoes to sleep. That's a pretty important developmental milestone right? I frequently find her in our closet or by the front door cradling a shoe in her arms, rocking it back forth and saying, "shh, shh." No clue.

We spent last week in Eugene visiting family while Jonathan was gone for work. Quinn was lovingly played with, fed, read to, and doted upon. We love our Eugene trips.
Jonathan built us a raised bed garden on his birthday weekend. (We also went out to pizza with some friends, so it wasn't all hard work.) What an awesome man! The finished product is beautiful. I'm nervous about the whole gardening thing though. I am quite the plant killer. But we had some green thumb friends over for a garden consultation a couple weeks ago so I think I'm ready. Today I put my spinach and kale seeds into the soil. Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment