Well, I tried to finish painting our room, but I ran out of paint. And Lowe's ran out of it too! So our room is a bit disheveled at the moment, oh well. Based on the completed area, I can tell I'm really going to like the change though.
In the meantime, I'm seeking a bit of advice. Quinn is coming to the end of her hand-me-down stash of clothes. She's grown out of some of her size 9 month items and the size 12 month clothes are slim pickins. I'm excited to start picking out clothes for her myself, but I want to make sure I do it in a practical and long-lasting way. Here's what I've learned from our season of hand-me-downs:
1. No more bodysuit/snap crotch shirts. She grows out of them too fast!
2. No more footie pajamas. She grows out of those too fast too.
3. No more sets consisting of a top that only matches one bottom. I want every top to go with every bottom so that she has a collection of items that can mix and match.
I'm thinking comfy cotton shortsleeve playdress types of outfits with leggings if it's cold, and a long sleeve shirt underneath or cardigan if it's really cold. My thought is that as she grows, the dress length can become shirt length making it still wearable.
Any thoughts? Mamas, please share any clothing tips that you have!
My earlier comment did not post! aargh
ReplyDeleteLets go shopping. :)
I remember my boys quickly outgrew the snap crotch shirts, too. They had long torsos :) Have you heard about the "wardrobe capsule" idea? It would work for babies' wardrobes too so that you can easily mix and match.
ReplyDelete