August 8, 2012

This past week I have seen some new elements of Quinn's communication start to blossom. She's always been a talker/giggler/shouter/announcer/singer.
She figured out how to clap and it makes her very happy. So now at meals I've seen her do a single clap-type motion when she wants more food which is very similar to the sign language for "more". She waves and wants us to wave back. She waves while nursing, while eating, while riding in her stroller, all the time. If I stick out my tongue she does too. She'll also stick out her tongue at me and expect me to do it back. She's started to hand me toys and then wants me to hand them back. She starts games of peekaboo non-stop. Anything can be used for peekaboo you know: books, blocks, water bottles, kale chips. She hides one eye and keeps the other eye on us to make sure we are playing. She also definitely knows the phrase "no biting" and obeys it. It's cute to watch the look on her face as she processes it.
We had a busy weekend in Eugene. It was good to see family and some old high school friends. I'm hoping to finish my painting projects in the master bedroom tonight. I'll have to post some before and afters. We've also begun scraping the paint bubbles on the outside of our house and hope to paint those this week. Otherwise, it should be a pretty mellow week with neighborhood playgroup, some friends coming over, a visit to some friends up North, and trying to keep cool.

2 comments:

  1. Pearl waves and claps constantly too, it's so fun! I do wish she knew the words "no biting" though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo! Adorable pose and great subjects. Good work Grandma! Love this one.

    Can't wait to see some of the hand clapping and for more peek a boo games. xoxo
    Grammie Nancy

    ReplyDelete