I read in the Baby-Led Weaning book that a time would come when all of a sudden this solid foods business seems to just click. Well, I think that has happened in the past couple weeks. Not as much food is hitting the floor (much to Shinobi's dismay) and she has figured out how to request more. She kicks her feet, wiggles her body, grunts and stares at me. I'm beginning to try to teach her a bit of sign language so hopefully she'll pick up the word "more" soon. She seems to be going through a meat phase, she is wanting tons of meat. She eats with me at breakfast, early lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner. It's fun to go out to eat now too because I just bring some slices of food for her and she will sit on our lap or in a high chair and chomp away happily. She's very tidy about it all too.
We had some friends over for lunch today and while the mom and I chatted she gobbled up a bunch of chicken. Here she is giving Miles a nice pat on the shoulder. They shouted and laughed at eachother, oh babies!

No comments:
Post a Comment