We had quite a fun week! While cleaning out the utility room, I found this photograph from 1943 of our house:
I wish I could go back in time and meet the people living in it and see how it was decorated!
Quinn had a check-up with the orthopedist this week. They did an x-ray and her hips are still looking great. Praise the Lord! It feels like that stage of life was forever ago already. She's 21 weeks old today. She also had a playdate with some Varsity House/Azalea House offspring.
We've been progressing with some house projects. My craft project failed miserably, but at least I had a nice lunch with my dear pal Amber. I was attempting to make this doily globe for Quinn's room. It's a lamp in the tutorial, but I just wanted a nice globe to hang over Quinn's crib and changing table to keep her entertained. I didn't buy nearly enough doilies but tried it anyway. Oops. So we'll see what I scheme up for round two. We met with our friend Kyle the other night to discuss plans for our dining table. He's building a table and bench for us and we're really excited to see how it turns out. I think that will be our first big furniture change.
On the homemaking front, I've been cooking up dozens of these cookies lately for visitors. It's such an easy recipe and the gluten free aspect allows all of our visitors to partake. Plus, they are scrumptious! My One Bite at a Time project of the week was to downsize my book and magazine collection. Our magazines are pretty under control since the only ones we receive are the monthly publications from Voice of the Martyrs, but I did tidy them up in a little standing folder box. Our books are a little out of control, but we have analyzed our collection over and over, and even more so right before we moved, so I think we are at our resting spot.
I love the old picture of your new home. How special! I love your recent posts, too. Well, I always like all of your posts! Share pics of the doily globe once you finish it. I know you said it didn't work out, but I be it's still really adorable. It sounds fun. Maybe I can make one for baby number #2! :) Do share more! You are full of good ideas. Your curtain fabric is adorable too. Well done. I can't wait to be in town and visit you guys. We'll be back in September! We can meet each others' kids finally. Tell your hubby happy belated birthday!
ReplyDelete