July 15, 2011

A few days ago, my friend Mary asked me about my decision to use cloth diapers. She is expecting her first little one in November. There are so many options out there these days beyond the drab rectangles held in place by pins. I have decided through talking with friends and doing my research that one-size pocket diapers will be the right choice for me. But even that decision only narrows down the options a little. I've noticed that babies like to squirm, particularly during diaper changes, which made me think that velcro (as opposed to snaps) might be easier for me to handle. As I mentioned in my post about registering, I've chosen to go with the brand bumGenius because they are well-respected in the industry, try to do the right thing for their employees, and because I know people who use them and rave about them. 


I know a lot of the friends who read this blog already use cloth diapers for their little ones and I'm thrilled that I have each of you as an example and resource. But in case anyone out there is contemplating this option, I thought it was about time I shared the links that I shared with Mary that ultimately won me over to the cloth side. 


Three Compelling Reasons to Try Cloth Diapers - Simple Mom
Seven Cloth Diapering Questions, Answered Mom-to-Mom - Simple Mom
Cloth Diapering: Your Most Common Questions, Answered - Simple Mom
Four Cloth Diapering Choices Defined - Simple Mom
The 411 Behind Cloth Diapering 101 - Simple Mom
The Much Requested Cloth Diaper Post - Young House Love
Healing Rashes While Cloth Diapering - Keeper of the Home
How to Make and Use Cloth Wipes - Simple Organic
Easy Upgrade: Super Toilet - Young House Love


Now, I realize it's a bit early to tell how I will enjoy my cloth diapering journey, but I'm excited to try! All my research won Jonathan over and he's never changed a diaper in his life, so it can't be too intimidating.

2 comments:

  1. YAY! We've enjoyed doing cloth, and LOVE bumGenius :) We have velcro and snaps, but I'd recommend snaps...the velcro definitely won't last as long as snaps--it's already pilling and looks very worn, and I even line dry them every time. Just something to consider :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are going to go the cloth diapering route as well. I'm sure there will be some disposables on hand at all times though just in case! I think we are going to go with the Fuzzi Bunz brand (the ones with snaps) as we have lots of friends who use them who just rave about them.

    ReplyDelete