So, apparently I haven't written in a while. Probably because I have been scrambling to finish my class and also because I have a fun new project!
With some of my birthday money, I have decided to get supplies for refinishing our dinner table and chairs. They are hand-me-downs from my Aunt and are in great condition; probably because they are made of heavy solid oak. They aren't really our style, but we were happy to receive them back when we got engaged. After some inspiration from one of my favorite blogs, I decided that I could give this dining set a new life and maybe even end up loving it! I'll post before and after photos if the project turns out well. Otherwise, I'll pretend I never mentioned it :)
Our trip North to Point Bonita lighthouse, Muir Woods, and Stinson Beach for my birthday was nice. It was a bit foggy, but we didn't mind. One of my favorite parts was driving up Highway 1 in the cliffy hills and coming around a curve where suddenly all of Stinson Beach was visible, bright blue and sandy white. A funny moment occurred at Muir Woods: we showed up ready for a serious hike, we even had our Camelbacks on, and as we were parking we saw a family walking toward the entrance with a stroller. We thought, what kind of hike is this going to be? It was more of a paved path through some tall redwoods, but it was still breathtaking to be dwarfed by ancient trees.
Our CSA has delivered some rockin' produce the past few weeks. We've enjoyed four ears of delicious, sweet corn on the cob each week, along with bell peppers, heirloom zucchini, and kale (to sneak into smoothies, pasta dishes, and enchilada pies). And the strawberries, raspberries, and stone fruits keep rolling in, which definitely puts a smile on my face. I've also kept making (and perfecting) the homemade bread recipe. I've decided Sunday is the perfect day to make it. I mix it all up in the morning and let it rise while we are at church. When we get home, I give it the minimal kneading it requires and let it rise again for an hour and a half. Then, I bake it and it's ready in time for dinner. So surprisingly easy! We've been gobbling it up with some fabulous jam my sister sent me.
No comments:
Post a Comment