March 7, 2017

I guess it's time to update the blog before spring begins. 

As I look back on the calendar since November, I discover so many highlights.

- We took the kids to Daniel Tiger Live as a surprise with the Iras. 
- Jonathan had a food allergy test and after eliminating many things for a period of time, discovered that gluten, dairy, and canola oil are the main items that need to go for him. More on this later, but it's led to some big food changes for our household.
- We visited my grandpa for his birthday.
- We had some date nights.
- We went to some birthday parties and hosted friends.
- We went to Christmas parties and events. Quinn and I went to the Nutcracker performance that her studio hosts with our old neighbors and also to a women's night of Christmas worship at our church. 
- There was lots and lots of snow.
- Archer started soccer lessons and loved them.
- Quinn started swimming at a different pool and really enjoys it.
- I hosted and attended baby showers.
- Quinn and Jonathan went to the father daughter dance.
- We had lots of family visit.
- We hosted some missionaries overnight after their trip to Mexico.
- Jonathan traveled for work (and we missed him).
- And we celebrated Jonathan's birthday.

Christmas was so special this year with both kids really understanding what's going on. We made a rock climbing wall in our family room on Christmas Eve night, so that surprised the kids. We also got them a keyboard to share (or Jonathan's work let him pick something from a catalog for five years of service. So Jonathan's work bought the kids a keyboard, haha).  For Quinn, we sponsored a little girl ten days younger than her through Compassion so that they can be pen pals. She also got a new backpack with matching lunch box that she's excited about and an ESV Bible with illustrations and her name engraved on the front. She can frequently be found reading it actually, which is so sweet. Archer got a rocket launcher and lots of weapons for Christmas so he was excited. Quinn bought him an inflatable ninja to smack, which was very popular until it got a hole in it. I got Jonathan a Tim Keller Psalms devotional for us to read together and Jonathan got me a popcorn popper. We've made at least 100 bowls already. We enjoyed our Christmas Eve service at our church and had a sweet little Christmas morning before heading to Eugene. Eugene was nice too with lots of family around and happy chaos.

Quinn has become a buff little chickie, she's swimming a full length of the pool pretty much unassisted now. She's also a master of cursive and can read soooo much more than she wants people to know. But I see it. She's loving learning in our homeschool group and is excited about her buddies there. 

Archer is a super hero. So many sound effects and running and weapons at all times. He has lots to say these days and lots of ideas and opinions. He definitely has goals and perseverance to achieve them, even if they are two year old type goals. And he is so. dang. cute. 

I know I don't record as much as I'd like of these precious days, but when my head hits the pillow each night I can honestly say that I savored my kids in that day as much as I possibly could and just stared into their sweet faces. Jonathan and I are constantly amazed by them. 

I'll end with a quote that Jonathan loves:


Here dies another day
During which I have had eyes, ears, hands
And the great world round me;
And with tomorrow begins another.
Why am I allowed two?
G.K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment