Today was such a sweet day and I want to remember it just as it was.
We fell asleep with snow falling and woke up to a couple inches of beautiful snow. I set my alarm early so I could get a Barre 3 online workout in before the kids were up because I figured I would need a mood boost in case we were stuck indoors all day. Jonathan started working from home. The kids woke up sweet and cuddly and were so excited about the snow. We ate a big breakfast and I started prepping a math store with the play food for our school lesson. Quinn and Archer were pretending to bring food to an astronaut named Charlie at his apartment in Seattle. I asked Quinn who this Charlie person was and she said, "I don't know, he's Archer's friend. Archer introduced me." Uh, what?!
The kids had a blast with the math store and then we were invited to sled on a friend's hill half a mile away. Jonathan had a call so he planned to meet us there. I suited up the kids and pulled them to the hill on the sled over the beautiful untouched snow. Quinn kept shouting, "Mush!" and Archer kept purposely throwing himself off of the sled and rolling into the snow while making all of his favorite sound effects. So much giggling.
We finally made it to the hill and the kids had so much fun sledding with friends, building a giant snowman, and having a snow ball fight. Then we went inside for a cozy lunch. Time flew by and it was time to head home.
I pulled the kids back home and when we arrive Archer just kept playing in our yard. He kept digging with his mittens saying, "Mom, help me dig for snowflakes!" And then he found a place between rocks where snow had collapsed and kept digging in it. He declared, "I think an animal lives in there. Look! I see an elephant!" I finally convince him to go inside and we all warmed up by the fire. When I looked at the clock it was almost time to wake him up from nap, so I knew nap wasn't happening. The kids were begging to go back out in the snow. We bundled up again and started building a snow fort. Jonathan came out and helped make actual progress. We finished up as the sun was setting, but I'm sure there will be much more snow fort play tomorrow. The neighbors built a giant snow pile and dug three tunnels through it and Archer was scrambling around inside it. Then we were all starving and cold so the kids had a speed bath and we wolfed down some tacos. Then we watched a cartoon with some popcorn and tucked them in early. Now it's movie night for us!
These years are crazy but so full of joy. We are so thankful for our goofy children and the time we get to spend with them.

No comments:
Post a Comment