August 1, 2015

A little update after a long break. Archer turned 16 months old last week. In the span of 24 hours he learned four new words: bubble, ball, truck, and bug. He also figured out how to get Quinn to dance with him and to play their favorite new game, Spin and Plop (they spin in circle with their yaps wide open saying "ahhh" and then fall down on purpose). Now that he's mastered walking (and practically running) he's back to trying out words apparently. For a while now, he has been drawn like a magnet if he sees someone playing basketball at the park. He'll hold a ball with both hands and do a dribbling motion. While visiting my parents, he spotted someone and started wandering over as though hypnotized. They were kind enough to share a ball with him and my Dad helped him practice.
He also had his first opportunity to shoot a bow at an archery event with Jonathan's parents. He seemed to enjoy it. I have never seen our children as filthy as they were after this event. We had a lot of fun.
Quinn is in her second session of gymnastics and loving it. She's still really into practicing writing, and is constantly singing songs she makes up. 

Some friends just moved back to the PNW from Texas and we had them over for dinner. It was wonderful to reconnect with them. I got out for a girls' night with a dear friend. Jonathan has two short notice work trips back-to-back so I spent one of the weeks in Eugene to see both families. While there, I was able to celebrate my birthday with my parents and sister's family which was a real treat. My sister and I had pedicures and treats and it was great to catch up. I also had a lot of quality time with my darling nephew. 

Last weekend we went to Jonathan's work picnic and my cousin's wedding reception. This weekend we've both managed to go for a run, hung out with our neighbors until quiet time and are about to hang out with our neighbors again in ten minutes. Tomorrow is the final Sundae Sunday of the summer. It's a pretty special time of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment