January 23, 2015

Archer is all over the place now. The speediest caterpillar I've ever seen. If he hears water running anywhere in the house he switches to turbo speed to get there because he loves baths, showers, and splashing in water so much. He is also drawn to doors and curtains. I think it might be because his small effort can cause such a big effect on those items, he'll spend a long time swinging them open and shut. A couple days after he began this army crawling business, he started clapping too. It seems like he's been trying to say "Amen" after we pray for meals which is sweet. Sometimes when Quinn isn't in the same room as him he'll say, "Nin nin" and go looking for her, I'm suspecting that means Quinn. And he may be picking up, "no" which sounds more like "nah", from his sister...hmmm. He's a big fan of lift the flap books and likes it when I stand him up by the bookshelf so he can choose books to read. Our favorite time of day with him is in the early morning. Jonathan eats some breakfast while I nurse Archer. Archer is always extra chatty and giggly at that time and he's all cozy in his jammies. He likes trying to sip Jonathan's coffee mug and peeks out the window when Jonathan heads to the bus stop. He's still an enthusiastic eater and likes many flavors. He's starting to master drinking from a regular cup as long as I hold it.

Archer went to his first concert at a birthday party last weekend. We took him to swim at the pool and he still loves it. He also went to the children's museum for the first time when we went with some friends. I can't believe he'll be ten months tomorrow!



I've been walking with the kids and Shinobi to meet Jonathan on his walk home from the bus stop now that the sun isn't setting so early. Jonathan has been working hard to build us a shoe bench for our front door area. It just needs another coat of paint and I think it's ready - I'm so excited! I went to a friend's baby shower and we met with the fabulous Hvass family in Salem. We also watched the Duck game with some friends last week. We've been keeping busy with our home group and women's Bible study too. It's a pretty sweet season of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment