We had a birthday party for Quinn over the weekend. The birthday girl's request was lots of friends in the backyard with apple cupcakes. She has been very interested in Tough Mudder and Warrior Dash videos lately so we thought we'd make our own mini-mudder toddler-sized obstacle course complete with sweatbands and water bottles for the guests. It was a nice mix of family and friends and beautiful weather. A very nice gathering. But the best part for me was when Quinn and I were making the cupcakes and she paused and said, "I like making cupcakes with you, Mama."
We celebrated today with balloons in her room, pancakes, lots of pretend play, homemade pizza and blueberry ice cream, and a trip to the park. All of her favorites.
Quinn, you are so dear to our hearts. We often forget your age because we feel like you talk with us and act in mature ways. And then you remind us with some of your trademark goofiness or, um, passion that you are just now three. You are full of non-stop questions, stories, songs, words. You can make up a song about anything and you have so many beautiful questions about the world. You can create a fun game out of four potatoes, some letter magnets, unsharpened pencils, and a kaleidoscope. You want to do things well and right. You are the epitome of the Montessori saying, "Teach me to do it myself". I hope that you always talk about how everyone will die one day and pray about Voice of the Martyrs. You are looking so grown up these days, but sometimes I'll stare at you and try to still see the baby. Every once in a while I'll still see one of these faces.
It's been a year of amazing growth for you, and we are so proud of you! I will always remember your age two summer with golden sunlight, hair flowing, dirty bare feet, running around in our yard. Our little nature girl. It will be a challenge getting you back into socks and jackets with the colder weather.
We love you more every day, Quinn Lily!

.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment