May 16, 2014

My seven week old little Archer is so sweet these days - full of smiles, constantly wanting to bounce and stand, saying "hey" and "ah-gee" (just like Quinn did, I guess our babies like those sounds), doing awesome on all sorts of outings, and I'm swaddling him with one arm out now. I think he's kinda over the swaddling thing. He's got a pretty predictable routine as far as eating and sleeping goes. On Mother's Day he gave me the best present: a six hour stretch during the night! Up until that point the maximum had been 4.5 hours. Such a thoughtful little boy. And he's kept it up since pretty well.
Friday night before Mother's Day, Quinn and I went to a Mother Daughter Pajama Party at our church. It was awesome. Quinn rocked her unique mix and match pajama style, giggled with other little chickies, munched on snacks while watching Frozen, decorated clips, and, most exciting of all, picked out nail polish colors for her and me. She still talks about her nail polish first thing to everyone we encounter and asks them what color their nail polish is whether they have any or not. It was such a treat to get some one-on-one time with her.

Jonathan's sister Chelsey visited on Saturday. On Mother's Day, we went to my favorite breakfast restaurant and had some awesome food before heading to church. Quinn dressed herself as Belle, but kept her identity a secret so our meal wouldn't be interrupted by fans. (I have to note, Quinn has no context for any of the Disney princesses, but talks about them all the time. Genius marketing? And she's always asking me what each of them sing so it's a good thing my sister and I memorized every song when we were kids.)
Jonathan spent a lot of the weekend and this week finishing off our backyard fence because he is amazing and we want to keep our kids and dog contained. Thanks hubs!

This was the last week of bible study and the gals in my group threw me a little baby shower for Archer. I'll miss those ladies and I know Quinn will be missing her teachers. We also spent a lot of the week having picnics and tea parties in the shade outside. We've gone to a couple birthday parties lately and I've made bean bags as gifts. They are pretty easy to throw together in a short period of time and I have so much fun leftover fabric. I tuck a little list of various bean bag games into the gift as well. Bean bags are so helpful for toddlers working on their gross motor skills. Well, with all the tea parties we've been having, I realized I could make mini bean bags that looked like tea bags. For anyone out there who has a child who likes playing tea party, a sewing machine, and fabric and ribbon scraps, you've got to make these! I just cut out two tea bag shapes per fabric, sewed them right sides together leaving an opening, flipped them right side out, filled with some lentils, tucked some ribbon in, and sewed around all the edges. And Quinn will actually sit on my lap and watch me sew too, I love it! Pictured here we have chamomile, gingerbread spice, peppermint, and vanilla rooibos. Mostly because those are the flavors we actually drink in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment