March 21, 2014

Sometimes one's husband is so good at completing to-do lists that a preggo gal is left with nothing to do during naps while waiting for labor to start. All the bookkeeping is caught up. The freezer is packed full. The house is pretty clean.

So, I decided to sew a dress. This was my first one (aside from attaching a skirt to the bottom of an old tshirt) and it was such a fun project! I actually purchased the fabric for a blanket for baby brother. I've adored it for quite a while. But when it arrived the orange was way too peachy-pink for a little boy so I decided it would have to be a sundress. I followed this simple tutorial and I love the result. It took about 2 hours over the course of a couple days. It was designed for a size 2T, and Quinn is getting closer to a 3T so I just added a half inch to the arm holes and body. I'm not sure if that's the proper strategy, but it seemed to work fine. I think it will still fit as a little tunic top as she grows taller. It passed the twirl test with such flying colors that I couldn't get a non-blurry photo.

Otherwise, we are just trying to make each day special as we await our new little fella. Oh, and we have some tiny sprouts of spinach and kale already! Oh, glorious spring.

2 comments:

  1. =D That's SO cute and great material! As Boppa said, "So instead of (insert nickname here_______) having a baby, ______ made a dress!" Glad it passed the all important 'twirl test'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! Great use of your time. I'm sure its so hard to wait, it is for us! lol. Love and prayers...Grandma.
    PS. sprouts of kale, spinach and lettuce here too! :)

    ReplyDelete