My sweet nephew was born! On Friday morning, my sister and her husband welcomed Abraham Adam to their family. Since I wasn't showing any signs of labor, we decided to make the trip to Eugene early Saturday morning. I'm so glad I got to meet him while he is still tiny! He's a very snuggly little fellow and the birth process went great for my sister, praise God! Quinn has never been interested in holding other babies before, but she was really excited to hold Abraham. She kept making little lovey faces at him and gently patting his head.
As an added bonus, I was able to go to my lovely friend Kendra's baby shower on our way back home while Jonathan and Quinn spent some time with Heath's family.
Quinn did her first official preschool activity on Friday. I presented her learning cupboard, learning materials, and activity mat which she was thrilled about. Then she chose an activity tray, completed it, and put it away again and said, "Nother activity, please!" When she was all done with activities, she put away her mat, closed the cupboard and said, "I do school!" Then she got very focused and said, "I practice writing my numbers" and wandered off to find a pencil and paper and sit at her table. Granted, her numbers look like a hundred swirls that form a dark circle, but the focused expression is very cute.
And now I'm just waddling and waiting for our little guy. Cleaning, and walking to the park, reading Quinn lots of stories, and playing the "Is This the Last Time I'll go to the Grocery Store Before He's Born" game.


Oh, my heart! The look on that darling Quinny's face says it all! So happy for everyone. Can't wait to meet him as well as baby brother....
ReplyDelete