June 4, 2013

It was a nice weekend. Saturday we discovered a secret hiking path through our neighborhood to a park we like. It's so nice to be walking distance from so many parks! We also ate at our favorite restaurant. 

Sunday was a great sermon at church followed by some parties. We went to a first birthday party for a friend's daughter that ended up being somewhat of a college reunion. It was fun to see so many OSU toddlers and babies zooming around. Sunday night we hosted an ice cream party at our house (I completely copied the idea from this blog) and it was so fun! I tested out a homemade mint chip recipe when Boo and Dennis were here using mint picked fresh from our meadow. It was delicious, so I knew I had to share it at the party too. We had two batches of mint chip, a bunch of store bought vanilla, and guests brought their favorite toppings. The kids all played nicely and the adults were all chatting even though it was a bit of a random assortment of attendees. Quinn enjoyed naming everyone she recognized, playing catch, and drawing with chalk. I think these Sundae Sundays are going to become a tradition.

On a gardening note to myself, I pulled out the spinach because it wasn't producing much anymore and Quinn and I planted pumpkin seeds today. She's really into this gardening book and wanted to plant seeds "like Max".

No comments:

Post a Comment