I never anticipated gardening would be so exhilarating. I was beginning to lose hope in all the seeds I planted recently. Then, all of a sudden, pop! I have tons of sprouts that just pushed their little heads through the soil. As of this morning, I now have 12 sunflowers, 9 green beans, 7 nasturtiums, 2 zucchini, and 2 spaghetti squash sprouts. I just keep peeking at them and smiling. My new favorite word of Quinn's if flower, pronounced "flowf". She likes to walk around with empty seed packets and her watering can.
My sister came up for a visit this weekend. It was so good to be with her and watch her play with Quinn.
Also this weekend we got a free rustic old handmade wooden table and benches off of Craigslist. Once we get it tidied up, I'm anticipating a lot of dining al fresco in the months ahead.
No comments:
Post a Comment