I've spent many a nap-time lately painting. Well, first painting sample colors, then deliberating for months, then taping, then finally painting. Here's how our room looked when we moved in:
And here it is today:
We chose a rich, olive-y sage green. I feel like it makes the white on the fireplace and the bottom half of the walls look really crisp. It's now a combination of cozy cabin and simple tidy cottage. Now we just have to add a matching bookcase to the left side of the fireplace.
On another note, I've also spent some nap-times tuning up our cloth diapers. For any bumGenius fans out there, I bought Refresher Kits for $1 each for all of our diapers. After over a year of daily wear, they are still in amazing shape. The only issue was that the velcro on six out of our 16 diapers wasn't gripping as well as I'd like. So I popped the tabs off and sewed on new ones, easy as can be. I'll save the elastic and extras for later when the other ones wear out. Definitely worth it!
Congrats on the house-aversary and great job on the painting. I also like the delivery person and her (paint can) delivery cart!
ReplyDelete