I'm officially finished with my handmade gifts. Three out of Quinn's four gifts this year are handmade. Jonathan and I like the idea of giving her a gift for each of these categories: something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read. I read it somewhere and thought it was genius! It really suits any budget or age too. Don't tell, but her want gift is a rocking horse from my dad's cousin. His boys used it and he wanted to keep it in the family so he kindly gifted it to us. It's going in the sunroom and I think she's going to love it. Her need gift is tricky to describe. It's kind of like a quiet book except it's one big square with zippers, buttons, velcro, shapes and ribbons all over it to play with in the car. Her wear gift is a hat I crocheted. Her read gift is a board book that I modpodged over with pictures and words.
Spoiler Alert for family and friends - this summer I harvested all the lavender in our yard and it's been drying in the guest room. In lieu of homemade edible gifts, I decided to put the lavender it into little sachets for gifting this Christmas. I think I'd like to do this each year. I love lavender and it has so many health benefits. So, if you're on my nice list you know what you're getting now :)

No comments:
Post a Comment