December 14, 2012

Our days have been pretty eventful lately. 

Our toaster oven and crock pot broke. Has anyone else noticed kitchen items start to break around the sixth wedding anniversary?

We are swapping date night child care with our neighbors and also some other friends. This week we got out on a date, so nice!

A friend and I planned a craft day. Quinn normally loves to play with my friend's son, so we thought if we got them together they would distract eachother while we got some crafting done. Boy, were we wrong. They both sat there crying and reaching for us to pick them up. We still managed to get some work done, but they are for gifts so that's all I'm going to say.

My church's moms group meeting was pretty fun this week and even Quinn made some artwork. The one year-olds class decorated an ornament with thumb prints. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall while that was going on!

And Quinn tried to feed baby Jesus to Shinobi. I'm glad I was there to step in and keep him safe. It's the least I could do really.

Now I'm prepping for a cookie exchange party I'm co-hosting tomorrow. We'll be decorating sugar cookies and half of the cookies we gather will be going to HOTEL Ministry. I always thought I didn't like sugar cookies until I tried this recipe. They're light, crispy, and just slightly sweet. 

And our Christmas cards are bravely making their journey to many mailboxes, ready to spread some cheer! 

1 comment:

  1. It seems like any time I really want to do something productive, Pearl does the same...just hugs my legs and cries. Stinkin' kids!

    ReplyDelete