It has come to my attention that I have peonies growing in my side yard. A ton of them! Peonies are my very favorite flower. Look at what a funny young thing I was.
Over a span of three weeks, the peonies started as dreary maroon vine-looking things popping out of the ground. Then, they began to uncoil and get tall. Now, they are starting to bud. I'm beyond excited to see them bloom! Each day I spy on them and am amazed that I can tell there is actual progress.
Also over the past three weeks Old Man Mossy, our tree that I see out the kitchen window, has changed dramatically. It used to be bare and is now completely covered in happy little green leaves and catkins. I stare at it while I do dishes and was amazed how it kept getting leafier and leafier.
I love having a baby in the Spring. God shows us each year the miracle of growth and renewal in nature, and I feel like watching Quinn change just underlines and bolds how amazing our Creator is. One of my favorite daily rituals is reading the Bible with Quinn. Each morning we lay side by side on the couch and I read a chapter aloud. Sometimes she chatters or stares at me or tries to grab a page. I used to be able to curl around her, but she's longer now and pushes off my legs with her fat little feet. I always stare at her sweet profile and try to memorize it to see if I can tell if it's changing. I wish I had time lapse photography of her pudgy cheeks and beak nose because I'm sure they're growing and changing everyday just like my flowers and trees. Oh, the precious moments of babyhood, I hope I can remember them all as time goes on.
Two sweet, sweet ladies...I am SO glad that you have peonies growing in your yard. It seems like you are going to have a lot of wonderful flowers springing up in your yard throughout the spring and summer. Yay! Such a fun surprise!!
ReplyDeleteQuinnie has such a sweet little profile. I love her little nose. And such a rosey glow...a pinkish hue, as it were.
Spring...rebirth...renewal. God is working His Beauty from the seemingly 'dead' ground. Praise His Power and Beauty.