We're in our house! It's been a week and a half and it pretty much feels like home already. That doesn't mean everything is unpacked or organized, however. It's a slow steady process that occurs during naptimes. We've had three sets of dinner guests and some overnight guests already, which I think has helped make it feel homey. I'm excited to share all of my projects on here.
I'm not sure whether to file this under nerdiness or home ownership, but I made curtains for the garage. It has three windows and I thought some privacy would be a good idea. The curtains were my first unsupervised sewing machine project and they turned out mostly alright. I need the practice because I am going to make a curtain for our front door and for Quinn's room. My Mom was gracious (and brave) enough to leave her machine with me after she visited this week. Here's a photo:
We also bought a car this week: a used Honda CR-V. It's so nice to not have to cram Quinn's car seat into the back of our little Scion anymore. We sure had a lot of fun memories in that car though! Moving to California, road trips, bringing Quinn home from the hospital...
Quinn turned four months old this week. The saying "The days are long, but the years are short" really is true! She had her four month check-up and the doctor said we can start thinking about solids soon. Solids! Where did my baby go!? Also, I think the sleeping through the night business was a week long fluke. She picked up her 5am meal again, oh well. A girl's got to eat. I met my friend's one day old baby boy Miles yesterday. He was so tiny and sleepy, I was smiling the rest of the day. It seems like forever ago that Quinn was that little.
It's been gorgeous weather here. I'm thinking my memories of rain must have been wrong. Or the clouds are just saving up for Spring. Our house gets so much natural light and I'm loving it. I can even dry the cloth diapers in the sun these days.
This whole post just makes me smile!!! I had not heard the saying "The days are long, but the years are short". It is very true. Moments make up days... And most days have a lot of little moments that make them special. SO glad that you guys are closer so that we can be a small part of those moments. Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, the fact that they can start eating food soon is totally crazy to me!
ReplyDeleteAnd...just saw your comment on the giveaway, it totally counts.