The freezer mayhem has begun! I'm stockpiling food so that I won't have to think about cooking once our little one arrives. I made double batches of a couple dinners so that I could freeze half and I've been freezing half of everything I bake. So, we currently have homemade chili, lasagna, four can-sized portions of refried beans, ice cube-sized portions of chicken stock, oatmeal blueberry muffins, zucchini bread, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
I'm going to make even more dinners when I am done with work. Oh yeah, and I have exactly five days left! My last day was pushed forward by two weeks for reasons that I won't mention so I will have four weeks of nesting time if the little lady is born on her due date. I plan to sleep, swim, hang out with stay-at-home-mom friends, cook, read, and sleep some more.
Does anyone out there have recipes they would like to share that freeze well? I would love some inspiration.
You GO, woman!! :)
ReplyDeleteLindsey