Have you ever tried a Japanese sweet potato? They are a beautiful fuchsia on the outside and inside is a soft chartreuse. They taste just like their orange relatives. I got a pound of them in my CSA bag yesterday. I like to bring one or two to work for a snack. For a medium one, I poke it a few times with a fork to make some steam holes, put it in the microwave with a paper towel on top of it and cook it for 45 seconds. Then I flip it over and do it again. I let it sit a few minutes to continue cooking itself inside. Then I slice it in half, put some butter on both sides, mash it with a fork, and gobble it up. Sometimes, I sprinkle a little brown sugar on it too. Delish!
We are going out of town tomorrow, maybe I'll tell more about it later...
Oh I love reading your blogs. They make me smile...and make me hungry! =)
ReplyDeleteHi Jamie!! Love your blog. Love these sweet potatoes too!! I make em for Blakely! She loves them too! Locals here call them Okinawan Sweet Potatoes. I'm with you...they are pretty and delicious!
ReplyDelete