Oops! It's almost been two weeks since I last wrote. Not sure where the time has gone...
Since I was last on here, we met the Woodwards for bagels, went on a runhike (or two?), watched some college football, I got sick, Jonathan went to a 49ers game, we went to The Weepies concert, and shared dinner with the Littaus.
The Weepies were so fun to see live! Deb is so tiny with a little bird chirp voice and Steve looks like a muppet. I'm pretty sure I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time. For some reason we call them Los Weeps. We're special like that.
Here are some photos from the concert and a recipe for pumpkin dark chocolate cookies that I brought to the Littaus. I made a half batch which turned out to be about three dozen. It's easy to gobble up that many though.
Ingredients:
2 c butter
1.5 c sugar
16 oz can of pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4c fine whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
0.5 tsp allspice
1 tsp salt (0.5 tsp if you use salted butter)
2 c chopped dark chocolate
1 c chopped nuts (I used pecans and walnuts)
Cream butter and sugar. Add pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla; beat well. Stir in dry ingredients. Finally, add chocolate and nuts.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls an inch apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment