We both flew back on Sunday and since then we have been busting our hineys to get caught up in our classes. Since we are both taking software classes, we both need to use the desktop PC so one of us is on there at all times. And after both being on computers all day at work, it's not exactly a thrill. But only a few more weeks to go!
Our friends Chris and Kristi stayed with us Thursday night on their way South for a wedding. It was so great to see them and share dinner and breakfast.
We are caught up enough now that we are taking today off (kinda). I woke up early and baked some bread, then we went to Furry Friends, then we exercised, and tonight we'll take Shinobi to the park and hang out with the Shulls for dinner.
I have been reading about the financial and nutritional benefits of baking your own bread in the blogosphere for a while now, but have always written it off as something I can't squeeze into my schedule because I work full time. I try to take all sorts of frugality and health information in without letting myself feel bad if I don't adopt it. But when through one of my frequent rabbit trails of a link that led to a link that led to a link I spotted a recipe for Five Minute Whole Wheat Artisan Bread, I had to give it a try. I made a half batch (in case it was a major flop) last night and let it rise for eight hours while we slept. Then I baked it this morning and it turned out great! Flaky crust and not too dense inside. I used coconut oil for the oil in the recipe which added a little sweetness. We used it to make sandwiches for lunch today and it held up pretty well. I think I may be adding this to my weekly routine. You can keep the dough in the fridge for up to a week and just pull a chunk out when you want to make a loaf. I might try to make some cinnamon rolls with the dough at some point. Here's a photo of the beauty (with some iced coffee in the background), mmm.

You both look great!! And the bread sounds yummy :)
ReplyDelete