June 27, 2010

And we're back to studying. Jonathan started a new Advertising class on Monday. Since it is Summer semester, the class progresses at double the pace of a normal semester. So, instead of fifteen weeks, he will complete the class in seven weeks. Tomorrow, I will start a new Accounting class that is a double pace class that takes five weeks to complete. These next weeks will take a lot of discipline, but by doing a class each in the summer we will stay on track to both be done with this phase of school by the end of 2010. 


We still managed to squeeze in a lot of friend-time and pool-time this weekend though. And I read the book "The Call of the Wild" while Jonathan studied. I am trying to read books for fun in a series format. "The Call of the Wild" completes my Jack London series, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm hoping to take a trip out to Jack London Square in Oakland as a finale of sorts to my series.


For the fun-in-the-kitchen report, I got a set of popsicle molds as a fun summer treat to myself. I made two with coffee, shaved dark chocolate, a dash of coconut milk, and vanilla yogurt; and four with strawberries, nectarines, orange juice, and coconut milk blended in the blender. We taste-tested them today because it was boiling hot out and they were sooo good! I'm so excited to invent some new varieties this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment