May 7, 2016

Another two month update. I need to get back into my blogging groove. I guess I'm a little busy...

Some highlights of the past months:
- gymnastics, ballet, and swimming lessons
- continued Bible study and growth group
- getting involved in our neighborhood and city through neighborhood meetings and attending events
- attending park playdates for the homeschool community we'll be joining in the fall
- sharing meals with different families from growth group and church
- hosted an Easter egg hunt for five families in the little forest by our house with over 100 eggs
- date nights
- playdates with past neighbors
- spent time with the Changs visiting from Amsterdam
- Jonathan went to the church men's retreat
- I went to the coast with my mom and sister, so nice!!
- there's a robin's nest outside our family room window that we've been spying on, there are five chicks and they are getting so big! We are hoping we'll get to see the flying lessons.
- the kids are obsessed with Legos, rocks, and squirrels lately. Quinn requested a way to keep track of all the squirrels in our yard so I made her a Squirrel Journal. Naturally Archer wanted one too and they've been recording their discoveries.
- lots of time outside, the kids wear super hero capes to meet Jonathan when he gets off the bus
- we sold our broken hot tub, reconfigured the 20+ year old deck boards to fill the hole it left behind, got a new picnic table, planted strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, hauled tons of bricks, pavers, and other weird stuff out of our yard, built a little fire pit patio, and reseeded and planted grass. Our backyard is really close to being just how we want it.
- Jonathan and Dennis pulled down some unnecessary cabinets in our kitchen and there is so much beautiful natural light now! I'm so overdue for a house project post with before and afters, but I will definitely be doing that soon.
- last night Quinn and I went to our church mother daughter pajama party


A "lowlight" of the past month happened during a work trip for Jonathan. I went to Eugene with the kids for a short visit and a haircut. While we were at a trampoline gym, Archer stepped down wrong and hurt his ankle. After an xray he was put in the tiniest walking boot for a fractured fibula and I extended my stay for some extra help. He was such a tough little dude through it all. When we got home he had some follow up appointments. There was concern that a growth plate was involved. Well, it turns out it was just the most xrayed sprained ankle in history. Goodness. We are just glad he's ok. 

We are in such a sweet season of life right now. Both kids make us laugh so much and they are playing so well together. We are healthy and thankful.

 Smores made with a stroopwafel from the Netherlands, thanks Amber! 



No comments:

Post a Comment