We've been so busy since I last wrote. All good things, just a very fast pace.
The kids are both in gymnastics class. They are loving it! Archer's class requires parent participation and it's fun getting to share that with him. Quinn has gained so much confidence through it as well.
Jonathan took Quinn to our church's Father Daughter dance. Second year that she's come back talking in a really loud voice, with wide eyes, and rosy cheeks. They have a blast dancing together.
We had our old neighbors over for a brunch. It was so great to catch up with them. And our new house hosts bigger groups pretty well. Our growth group is continuing too and the house is working out well for that.
My parents and sister's family came up for a Winterhawks hockey game. Archer's favorite part was running full speed through the stadium.
We got out for our church's date night and have kept the monthly date night swaps with the Iras going.
We had the Case family over for a Valentine's Day brunch. Quinn asked me if we could have a Valentine's party this year so that worked out. We made lots of decorations, had some crafts, and some food was on the festive side. My mom also came up and watched the kids while Jonathan and I spent eight hours working on the backyard. We have found lots of, um, treasures, back there and yardwork keeps us laughing.
I went on the church women's retreat at Cannon Beach. Sooo good! I roomed with three other friends and enjoyed the teaching, socializing, and break from cooking. It was a real blessing.
Jonathan had his birthday last week. His parents came up for a visit. Quinn and Archer helped me bake a cake. He took the day off from work, all in all a pretty good birthday.
Last weekend my parents came up to give us another yardwork day. With my dad's help we spent three more hours getting the backyard in order. I'll have to do a big house post because it's crazy how many projects we've completed already.
I'm hoping to regain my blogging mojo. So much is happening with the kids and I'm just trying to savor it. Quinn requested to learn how to "really read" a month or so ago. What she was getting at is something more than memorizing, which she does really well. I picked up the book, "Teach your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" and it's working out well. She's also doing her own laundry every Monday and getting very helpful with things around the house. There is so much new with Archer too, but I'll save that for a birthday post. I can't believe he'll be two in just a couple weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment