A big update from us: we're moving! I'll share more details when the process is complete. But, we found a place in which we are really excited to start a new chapter of our family adventure. Our cottage has so many beautiful, dear, precious memories written into the walls and I've had so many ugly cries about our time here coming to an end. Our baby house. Truly bittersweet. It went on the market on Quinn's birthday so that added to the sentimentality.
We had Quinn's birthday party at our house. And there was a showing 30 minutes after the party!! But our girlie had requested a pajama pancake party with her dearest friends so we couldn't cancel. She planned the menu which included whipped cream, berries, sprinkles, and bacon as toppings, vanilla milk to drink, and decorating pillow cases with markers and glow in the dark stars as the activity. It was a very sweet time.
A lot of the kids at the party were neighbors and I just have to say we will miss our neighbors so much!! The husbands, wives, and children have been such a formative part of our development as parents and were such a gift from God. It's been nice in these final weeks that we've had lots of celebrations with them all. The moms went out for 7 hours (woohoo!) of girls night out time to celebrate a baby on the way. The kids and I also made a special trip for donuts with the expectant mom and soon-to-be big sister. There have been dessert nights, pizza nights, and many park dates. We also went to the pumpkin patch together for the fourth time in a row. (Photos at age two and this year)
Yes, those are their shoes beside them. First thing they did after choosing a table was take off their shoes. I guess one must be comfy to eat donuts? Quite a curious pair these two.
Our growth group has started up again for the year and it's shaping up to be another great group. The kids had their doctor check-ups and Quinn is 5 inches and 5 pounds bigger than Archer. She is about 20th percentile and he's about 80th. It will be interesting to see what their growth patterns are like in the future.
Jonathan and I spent our date night in September writing an offer for a house and we had a nice date day last week going out to brunch, eating ice cream, and wandering home decor shops. I'm so grateful to get to live life with this inspiring, thoughtful man.



No comments:
Post a Comment