August 9, 2014

Summer is flying by! Since I last wrote, we had some friends we met in the bay area come to visit. They are missionaries on the other side of the world and came back for some training. We are both families of four now and we haven't seen them in over two years, but it was amazing how it felt like we just picked up where we left off. It was so good to see them and have our kids play. 

I quietly turned thirty a couple weeks ago. I celebrated by not cooking or cleaning, getting a sweet new watch, some new running shoes, and some treats with friends. I also had Jonathan give me a spontaneous haircut a few days before. We went to Cannon Beach the weekend after and it was a perfect day.


I gave Quinn her first haircut, a tiny trim. She still prefers her hair long and flowing free. We've been hosting some friends for dinner with our grill - still loving that thing! And the routine of lots of playing outside, eating from our garden, and enjoying all the sunshine continues. We had another Sundae Sunday party with blackberry cheesecake ice cream. Such an easy recipe without egg yolks, definitely making it again. And Quinn (kinda) helped pick the blackberries.

Last weekend, Jonathan's parents had us to their house. They took Quinn on her first fishing trip and had her camp in their backyard. She caught two blue gill right away, I hope she doesn't end up thinking that's how fishing normally goes! 

We had a date night last week. We went to a really great place, Prettyman's General, but unfortunately it was a going away party. Our beloved Changs are moving to Amsterdam, waaaah! We are sure going to miss them!

Archer finally had his four month check-up. My yummy little squishable guy is still healthy and right on track. He remains in the 45% for weight and head circumference, but jumped up to 90% for length. He's wearing size nine months for shirts and sleepers! He's chatting, giggling, drooling, and wiggling up a storm. He rolled from back to belly once last week but hasn't since. He wants to so bad! He loves watching Quinn and Shinobi and he seems to like being read to as well. We've also discovered he's pretty ticklish.


No comments:

Post a Comment