I'm now one step closer to Quinn's room being nested. I wanted to get the majority of her projects done before I find out the gender of the baby and start attacking that room. With this week feeling really busy with responsibilities, this floor cushion was a nice creative outlet. I've officially declared sewing as my hobby. I never ever thought I'd say that. Now, that doesn't mean I'm saying I'm a skilled sewista, just look up close at this cushion and you'll see plenty of funky spots. I've just been taking more risks lately and having tons of fun with it. I wanted to use Quinn's nursery curtains to make a fun reading seat for her since the baby will have their own new fabric for curtains. I saw a floor cushion tutorial that looked pretty straight forward and cute, and after I saw it reviewed, I decided to go for it. Let me tell you, if you have a sewing machine and could use some floor seating, you have to try this. I did it without any shouting or crying!
And Quinn loves it! (Particularly dragging it around by the handle and pretending it's a suitcase as she goes to the airport.)
And Happy 20 weeks to me!!
That turned out SO great!! And what a happy little reader she is. . . and 'traveler.' =D Well done! <3 M
ReplyDeleteGreat job - you are really going for it. You should be pleased. Love those darling pj's and the fun bus. Hugs,
ReplyDeleteGrandma