I'm not sure how it's possible that I have a two year old. It's so easy to remember the events leading up to the day she was born. But the moments since then have been a blur of joy, laughter, and sweetness.
We had planned for Quinn's birthday party to be at the same park we held it at last year because the weather was gorgeous and it was a great venue. Unfortunately, the clouds were dumping rain this year. So we hosted 35+ guests in our little cottage. Somehow we managed to pull it off, I think because people arrived and departed at different times. Quinn wanted a yellow themed party. I posed the question in the middle of the party aisle at Target, thinking she'd choose a character on display. But she insisted on yellow! So we had lots of yellow food and decorations, and I made her a yellow dress. It was so fun seeing her greet her little friends.
This morning, we woke Quinn up with yellow balloons and had the last of the cupcakes for breakfast. We went to a toddler indoor gym, got froyo, went to the library, read tons of books, played tea party a million times, had a special dinner and dessert, and finished with more reading and playing. A pretty good birthday I'd say. Here are a couple update photos for comparison (she's showing her age with her two fingers) and her outfit for the day. She picked it herself, I think it's actually a pretty cute ensemble.
Quinn, you are a brilliant, sparkling ray of sunshine in our life and in the lives of others just because you're you. It's a delight being around you. We pray that you will know, follow, and love God from a young age and for all of the days after. We love you so much!



Happiest of Birthdays, sweet one. Love you lots. What a joyful little girlie you are. <3 *love your outfit choice! :) Nana
ReplyDelete