The rain this week has been a blessing. I feel like a master gardener even though I haven't done anything.
We are still eating lots of spinach and this week have been able to start harvesting kale. My second row of green beans has sprouted and the tomato plant has two flowers. I have five dahlias emerging from the ground now and a bunch of other doubtful plants are starting to look more promising. Even the meadow has a ton of sprouts, some of which may be weeds, but I'm really excited to see how it grows. The peonies are exploding so I have a continuous fluffy bouquet in the house to remind me of my wedding day. I'm also excited about the addition of some hostas. I had hosta leaves in my wedding bouquet. My great grandmother grew hostas in her yard and gave cuttings from them to many of her sixteen children for their yards. My dad was visiting my grandparents in Canada last week and brought me home some hosta cuttings from my grandma's plant. I hope I can keep them healthy!
It was also nice to have some quality indoor time with Quinn. It's easy to spend tons of time at the park running around with the nice weather. She's starting to like to do art projects, play dress up, and use her imagination. It was really fun to just play with her instead of cramming our days full of outings. We had so many comical little conversations this week.
This week marked the end of moms group at church and home group until Fall. That went fast. We have cake club tomorrow and I get to have a moms day out on Sunday with the neighbor ladies. Woohoo! And as a random close to this post, here's a really challenging article.

No comments:
Post a Comment