April 23, 2013

Well, since my last post we've had some playdates, some visitors, moms group, more spinach salads, and lots of time outdoors in our yard and at parks. 

My husband is so nice to me. I seem to get ideas in my head that I just have to do. And Jonathan is so sweet for helping me complete these wild projects. For example, there is a stretch of land, maybe 10' by 50', that is technically not our property, but it affects our yard a lot. It was full of years worth of old giant branches, blackberry bushes, and the most giant dandelions I have ever seen in my entire life. If there was such a thing as a dandelion museum, these would be the main exhibit. We're talking two foot diameter. Well, I got it into my head that if we could clear up the debris and dig up the blackberries, maybe we could use our friend's rototiller to get it into good shape. I was hoping to fill it with native wildflowers that Quinn and her buddies could enjoy in the future. I started gathering the branches bit by bit during naptime. I think Jonathan could see by my dedication that I wasn't going to give up on this dream. This past Saturday, he agreed to do a 15 minute yardwork "sprint" with me to finish clearing the branches. Well, two hours later, we'd cleared over half of the land! We were shocked at how different it looked. We were kicking ourselves for not getting before pictures. And it turns out giant dandelions are a bit easier to pull than normal ones. On Sunday, we finished digging everything out during Quinn's nap again. We filled our bin and two of our neighbors' bins with debris. Then I planted tons of wildflower seeds. I'm hoping they'll start sprouting quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment