September 10, 2012

It's been a wild week. Three friends had babies on Labor Day weekend. Blame it on the full moon or the name of the weekend I guess. 

We are still oven-less two and a half weeks later, but a neighbor let me get some baking done at her house. Fortunately we found out that our home warranty will cover it so our finicky 1960's oven will be replaced with a brand new one! Hooray! 

Jonathan got food poisoning late Tuesday night. Or we thought it was food poisoning until I awoke with the same symptoms late Wednesday night. And my mother-in-law arrived at our house Wednesday afternoon for a visit and was staying overnight. She was a huge help with Quinn on Thursday as I was recovering. Just a nasty 24 hour bug. Unfortunately, since we didn't know it was a virus until after she had arrived, she got sick Friday. And I talked to our Monday night dinner guests and they had it Tuesday night as well! So miserable! Thank God Quinn didn't catch it, she's still getting immunity from me :)

My parents took us to Quinn's first Duck football game at Autzen on Saturday. It took some getting used to, but she ended up liking it. We would dance with her and clap with her and when the crowd cheered, I think she thought it was for her, haha. 

We zipped down to Eugene early Saturday morning and got back Sunday morning in time for church. There was an event between services to inform the body about different ways to get involved starting in the Fall. We hope to start leading a home group in a couple weeks. Then, after church I met with a client for some bookkeeping help. 

I think this week will be a bit more tame. I'm hoping we can soak up the final drops of Summer. It's already getting dark so early! September is such a lovely month in Oregon.

1 comment:

  1. Do I love that photo or what? Yep, that case of "food poisoning" was nasty. I loved it (the being with Quinny) and next time we'll go for staying healthy. Anytime, I'm happy to help. :)

    ReplyDelete