September 2, 2012

As of yesterday I have an eleven-month-old. Yikes! And she's a beauty inside and out. Since yesterday she has developed two new skills. One is using an inflection that sounds like she's asking a question. She makes a little "hmm?" sound, especially when she reaches for things she wants, sees me eating or drinking, or picks up a toy. Her other new skill is drinking out of a cup. She still uses her straw cup, but she keeps wanting to practice on a real cup.

We took her final monthly photo yesterday and added it to the rest of the collection. This was a fun project. I did something similar with my bump progress, so it's only fitting to do the same thing to document Quinn's growth. Some months it was really tough to choose a favorite. I had her lying on a special blanket in each picture, but it looked funny when all joined together. I will still take progress photos of her with her panda and blanket going forward, but not every month. Probably every three months, and probably of her standing while wearing a white shirt and jeans like a big kid, waaaah.
Look how tiny she was!

It's been a fun weekend. We went to the zoo with a friend Friday, got some projects done, watched the Duck game with some friends yesterday, and are visiting a new baby at the hospital and seeing some friends from Hawaii tomorrow. We just feel beyond blessed to get to live such a simple, delightful life. I hope we can raise Quinn to not take it for granted. 

1 comment:

  1. Grammie especially loves her in the fun skirt! Go Ducks Quinny is smiling!

    ReplyDelete