My baby is two months old today! When she woke me up at 5am this morning to eat, I couldn't help but reminisce about what was going on two months ago at that same time. I was even wearing the same tank top this morning that I wore when she was born, random. I feel like I have learned so much about my little gal in these two months and it is a privilege to be her Mom. And, oh wow, the power and magic that God weaves into baby smiles astounds me.
So what's been going on since the last time I blogged? We have been staying with our fabulous friends in their beautiful home in NE Portland. Quinn and Shinobi love hanging out with their Auntie Amber and Uncle Josh. We visited Eugene and Corvallis for a few days where Quinn was able to meet some Azalea ladies and their offspring. Jonathan started his new job and it is going well. We've shared some meals with friends in the area. Both my parents and Jonathan's parents, plus his sister, came to Portland for Thanksgiving, Quinn and Shinobi are very lucky to be surrounded by so many people that love them. Her Auntie Boo and Uncle Dennis came up for a visit too. Quinn and I went to breakfast with her Great Grandpa. Quinn was cleared for more time out of her harness after her ultrasound revealed great improvement in her hips. And besides that I've been looking at house listings and starting to get in the Christmas spirit. I started reading Luke to Quinn this morning so she knows what Christmas is all about.
It's been a busy couple of weeks! Quinn also had her two month check-up the other day. She showed off her talking, smiling, and tummy time for the doctor. She even pushed her chest up off the ground which the doctor said is a four month milestone (brag, brag). We're just thrilled that she is healthy and happy. She loves to smile and say "Hi", "Ah-gee", and "Gwa". She can see pretty far and her eyes follow me all around the room.



It's fun for me to read about Quinn since she is the same age as Pearl. My favorite noise Pearl makes is when she yells Heeeyyy! to get my attention. She has no idea what she is saying, but it's really hilarious.
ReplyDeleteOh...such J-O-Y she brings. I pretend she is trying to say 'Nana' when she says "Ah-gee" or "Gwa." :) I hadn't realized that it's exactly 2 months to the day. Seems like she's been here forever... Or she just takes up THAT much love.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures...what a blessing to have so much love surrounding her...from family and friends. God is so very Good!
love you guys! Here's to new adventures every day!
Great update and photos-so thankful we were all able to be together this Thanksgiving and I enjoy your writing and perspective.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Dad
She's looking a lot more like both of you! I think a little more like you, Jamie, but both of you are there.
ReplyDelete