September 7, 2011

I found a great way to save some money on produce that also happens to be handy for a soon-to-be-mom. Right now, so many veggies are fresh and in-season which means they can be bought for a low price. Simple Bites just posted about how to create stir-fry vegetable freezer packages in detail, so I had to include it in my to-do list for the day.

When I went grocery shopping yesterday, I loaded up on our favorite stir-fry veggies: bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. Then today I chopped and blanched them according to the times listed on Simple Bites, let them cool, and packed them into freezer bags. I even "vacuum-packed" them by sucking out the air with a straw. I think we'll be set for a handful of stir-fry dinners now!

I've been enjoying my days at home so far, I have a nice little schedule I've set up for myself. My first day at home I overdid it a bit, so the schedule encourages me to relax and paces out the things I want to get done before the little lady arrives. I'm getting all the crucial things done first, but leaving some activities to keep me entertained if she goes past her due date. Today my big task was packing the hospital bag, fun stuff!

And, here are a few photos someone took at the baby shower Jonathan's co-workers threw for him. Please forgive the iPhone quality :).

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that sweet time before baby comes....cleaning, organizing, preparing, dreaming....ahhhhh....

    Lindsey <><

    ReplyDelete