My own personal annual strawberry festival is in full swing. We go through frozen strawberries pretty quick year-round thanks to our morning smoothies. But since strawberry season started this year, I have been eating a ton. I have to go to the grocery store twice a week just to feed my addiction. I love them in plain yogurt, oatmeal, and cereal before bedtime. I'm actually starting to wonder if I'll give birth to a giant strawberry in September. That or a croissant...
I went to the Farmers Market Saturday to get a beautiful flat of organic strawberries and a croissant. I used the same method I used last year to freeze a bunch for smoothies. It saves so much money throughout the year! I cranked up some music, let the sun stream in the windows, and rinsed, halved, and dried the berries. A tip that really helped me last year that I must share is to begin the freezing process by spreading the berries out on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer. Then, after 30 minutes or so, put the berries in freezer bags. This prevents them from freezing into one giant clump.
Speaking of berries, we met Noah Berry this weekend! Jordan and Allison had their baby. He's a little beefcake at over nine pounds! But Mom and baby are happy and well.
Love the pictures... especially Jonathan's face... and hand grip. :) Your blogs almost always make me hungry after reading them. You are becoming quite the amazing chef! Can't wait to try some more of your tasty treats!
ReplyDelete